Please see below for useful information concerning ordering, payment, delivery, returns and various other FAQs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you based?
We are based in Fife, United Kingdom
Do you have a shop we can visit?
No, Sophie la girafe UK is an internet only shop. We have around 500 stockists throughout the UK - please visit the our stockist page for details.
Are you a registered company?
Yes, this website is operated by 1 Two Kids Limited. Our company number is SC361874
My baby has a latex allergy - can I use Sophie?
Sophie is made from natural rubber latex. We would recommend you avoid contact with all latex products, including Sophie the Giraffe.
How should I care for my Sophie the Giraffe?
Wipe Sophie clean with a damp cloth - use Milton or other fluid on the cloth if you wish to sterilise. Please do not submerge Sophie in water as it enters the squeaker and she'll stop squeaking, and she is not able to go in a microwave or steam steriliser.
Do you provide a gift wrapping service?
Yes, this service can be added by selecting the appropriate option on the product page. Gift wrapping must be added for each item individually
Text box – A personal greeting can be added to any order by including the desired message in the box underneath the “Please type your personal greeting below”
Order and payment
- We accept payment by most credit or debit cards for customers with UK billing/shipping addresses.
- Payment can be taken at the shopping cart of our website using sage secure payment processing or Paypal, or alternatively you can call us to make payment.
- We are unable to accept payment by cash or cheques.
- We are VAT registered, all prices displayed include Vat at the prevailing rate. If you require a detailed VAT breakdown, please contact us. Our VAT number is 974478760.
For shipping to a UK address
- We only ship to the UK and Eire
- Items are normally despatched within 24 hours of payment.
Standard Shipping – flat cost of £2.50
- Shipping of your order is usually by myHermes.
- It is a tracked service and delivery will usually be made within 3-5 working days.
- Standard shipping is available for all UK addresses, including Northern Ireland.
Priority Shipping – flat cost of £4.95
- Shipping of your order is by Fedex UK.
- This is a tracked, signed for service, only available to mainland UK addresses.
- Delivery will be made within 2 working days.
- Orders placed before 10am will usually be delivered the next day.
All UK deliveries are sent by recorded delivery so should be easy to trace. In the event of your parcel not been delivered please contact us via our email form.
For shipping to the Republic of Ireland
Standard Shipping – flat rate of £3.00
What should I do if I think my parcel is lost in the post?
- Shipping of your parcel is usually by Royal Mail International standard (formerly Airmail).
- Delivery is usually made within 5 working days.
If you are not completely happy:
- All UK deliveries are sent by recorded delivery so should be easy to trace.
- In the event of your parcel not been delivered please contact us via our email form.
Faulty, or incorrect goods received
- Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you are entitled to a full refund including the initial delivery charge if you return a product, or inform us that you want to return the product, within seven working days.
- Items should be returned in perfect condition, in original packaging.
- You will need to pay for the cost of returning the goods.
- If your order is faulty or you have received goods in error, we will pay for the cost of return.
Please contact us if you wish to return an item for details of returns procedure.
Terms and Conditions
Please refer to our terms and condition
Please use the online contact form
to contact us.